Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Speaking of bathroom exhaust fans

wrote:
clipped

the hot air from an overhead fan/heater combo had any chance of
actually
warming the room up).
We installed a timer switch for our master bath fan, mainly because we
both shower there and don't want the whole master suite getting mildewy
(this is Florida, where mildew eats shoes ) ?I set the timer for
about
30 min after shower....no mildew. ?The timer was difficult to find at
local stores, but finally found one at Lowe's; only one-hour was
available locally. ?I believe there are digital timers, too, but ours
has dial. ?Our fan is a noisy old clunker, prob. original to the 35 y/o
condo.- Hide quoted text -

having a good air INLET to the bath is critical, otherwise the fan
just pulls a vacuumn on the room.

My family in phoenix ..... ALL the baths have no air inlet, Fans slow
down and dont move air and moisture

The bathroom has a door....

And most likely an open space below it.... probably even big enough for
a little fan air return.

Unless there is some shag carpet from the 70's under it. Wow, shag
carpet! That's one thing I don't miss! I just thought of how it got
it's name. The British "shag me" and carpet thick enough to keep from
getting carpet burns on your knees! Hu? Think so?