Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Video of My Table Saw Out-feed Table

Steve Turner wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
Thanks for all the pictures and ideas.
I made a folding version and it turned out great.
Instead of taking pictures and having to write descriptions and all
that, I just took some video and put it on youtube.

This is what I did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRgwJzlFrOE

Very nice, Mike. I've been wanting to build something similar to that
for my Unisaw for a long time, but I've just never gotten around to it.
At the same time I'd also want to redo the stock table board that came
with my Unifence, which is quite crappy compared to the one that ships
with the Biesemeyer fence, and I'd imagine that whatever I do with the
table board might also play into the design of the out-feed table. I
think maybe the only thing I'd do differently than you would be for the
support legs to angle back towards the saw and attach to the mobile base
instead of heading straight for the floor. Not quite as sturdy, but a
little less intrusive, and the distance should be a "set it once and
forget it" kinda thing. The saw would also retain the ability to remain
mobile while the out-feed table is in use.

Thanks, Steve. I thought about legs that angled to the saw base, but was
concerned about the weight of a sheets of plywood possibly tipping the
whole saw. This thing is very heavy, but not the behemoth that is the
Unisaw. :-)

I may also redo the extension table with melamine to match. I wasn't
expecting this thing to look as good as it does. I'm not one of those
guys who's tools, benches and jigs look like furniture. I like my tools
to be tools and my furniture... well you get the point. I may also spray
paint the table frames to match the gray of the Delta metal table frame.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--