Thee_Psycho

Default Oooops!! Shouldn't have tried to fix the heating!

We moved in to our new house in May, and have only just recently turned the
heating on. I have been downstairs to find it was seriously cold. Closer
inspection revealed that the radiator in the living room needed bleeding,
the one in the hall is working but rusty!

Worse case is the one in our kitchen, it was stone cold, I tried turning the
valve at the end of the radiator to turn it up. Nothing happened, it was
just turning round and round! I ended up taking th cover of and getting an
adjustabel spanner to it, i turned it and hot water immedialty filled the
pipe, passed the valve then spurted out on to the floor! The joint is
leaking, I have tightened the valve back up bu its still dripping!

1) Is there anything I can do easily to fix this, the seal seems to be in
place, can I get some magical tape/ gunk to sort it on a temporary basis?
The radiator took quite a knock when we tried to get our washing machine
past it, is it possible it just needs refitting or should i replace the
whole valve?

As it looks like the radiator in the hall needs replacing and the one in
the kitchen will need removing from the wall or the valve replacing can
anyone tell me if
http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...CATID=17668 1

woudl work with our current heating system. At the moment we have a
thermostat in the hall that despite always been turned up the bedroom never
gets any warmer, we were wondering while we have to drain the whole CH
system if it was worth fitting them on a few key radiators? How would this
conflict/ehance our current system.

Any advice greatfully recieved I know very little about plumbing, limit of
my knowledge has got me in this mess!! A little knowledge is dangerous.