Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generatorpart

Gunner Asch wrote:

Are the things you are wanting to run, 60 hrtz only and are they single
or 3 phase?

Yes. 3 phase is common there and I'm likely to end up with my shop in a
commercial space anyway. Phase conversion is NOT the issue.

It's running the few 60hz induction motor items that I'm looking at
covering. And as I'm looking at the cost of the generator setup for just
a few items, I'm starting to wonder if it really -is- cost effective....
Most of the hand tools could be covered by a simple transformer really.

Anyone have a 3 phase Baldor carbide grinder they want to trade for a
110v model? For the little use it gets, I'm starting to think 50hz
probably won't be an issue.

Jon