Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent Inductor

In article ,
GB wrote:
There's quite a bit of hype about LED replacement tubes. They cost about
£30 but you don't need a ballast, so I was quite tempted. As the lights
are on quite a bit, one of these would pay for itself in around 3 years
in saved electricity, plus saving the planet for future generations!

I've not heard of those, but I'd treat such claims with caution.
Fluorescent lighting (properly done) is already pretty efficient. With a
known life of components. LEDs aren't long lasting when you push the
efficiency up.

--
*A backward poet writes inverse.*

Dave Plowman London SW