Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default 10 leds running off 2 AA batteries

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:03:02 +0000, Donwill
wrote:

I purchased a string of 10 Leds powered by 2 AA batteries connected in
series giving 3 volts or thereabouts presumably.
I was a bit sceptical about the life of the batteries so I left them on
24 hrs to check, I was surprised that they lasted over a month which
makes them very useful as party lights in a damp conservatory,

Sounds a fun place to have a party :-)

maybe it's a BDSM party and the conservatory is the code word for his
dungeon

pretty easy to dim leds as mentioned, but another circuit you could build is
the joule theif, just search google for led joule theif,
these are pretty simple, an inductor transistor and resistor, and you can
drain the very last dregs from a battery lighting the led's up,
common uses are to run a white led off a 1.5 volt practicaly dead battery,