Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT - UPS - any experts out there ?

"Adrian Brentnall" wrote in message

Thanks - that was my initial idea - one UPS per box
CPC have the 600va Belkin at 32 uk pounds + vat
- which seems very cheap - I could afford three of those and solve
all the backup problems!

I'm always nervous of 'buying cheap' - but I guess for my application
this might do the trick...

There are only two issues with really cheap UPS boxes..

they don't usually have monitor ports so they can't tell the computer to
start shutdown.

The batteries are only big enough to shut the computer down once or twice in
quick succession (before the batteries have recharged).

Neither has any effect on what you want to cure.

IME the best have network monitoring and are line interactive but I don't
see how that would benefit you.