Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Hanging a chandelier?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:37:47 -0800, Andy Dingley wrote:

Two chandeliers, one small, one medium. At present they're on chains
from a screwed in hook plate, with a tin bucket rose over chocolate
block.

For easier cleaning I'd like to replace this with a slide-in connector.
Klik do their well-known one, there's also the Lewden ceiling maestro
that TLC sell.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...es_Menu_Index/

Lighting_Accessories_2/index.html

The Klik is less than convincing as a mechanical connector, but it's
cheap (couple of quid from Direct Electrical).

The Lewden looks like a sensible dovetail wedge, but it's twelve quid
each.

I've used the Klik one a lot here, so I'm familiar with it in real life.
I wouldn't trust 5kg to it, unless I was using a safety chain or some
other proper method of support.

Used a Lewden years ago and it was great. That *did* support a heavy
weight and I had complete confidence in it.

I think you should bite the bullet and cough up! :-)
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org