Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Fluorescent Inductor

On 21 Nov, 19:56, NT wrote:
On Nov 21, 2:17*pm, "GB" wrote:

We have some 10 year old Fitzgerald fluorescent lights. On one of these the
inductor has broken down. I don't want to replace the whole fitting as they
all match at the moment. Unfortunately Fitzgerald Lighting went toes up last
December. *Any idea where I can source a new inductor, please? For a 4 ft
fitting - 36/40 w. BTW, I assume it's an inductor - the big ballast thingy
inside the fitting.

I see that a new company has started production under the Fitzgerald name,
and I'll call them on Monday, but I would have thought that things like
inductors are generic.

As said any 4' tube ballast is fine, just check that it'll physically
fit in your fitting.

NT

Picking up on Dave Plowman's comment, you will find that you can get
electronic systems off Ebay for around £5. One of my electronic ones
packed in and I got that advice on here, and found it absolutely
correct. Simple wire in - diagram on box and the lights worked
immediately.

Rob