Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generator part

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 01:51:02 +0000 (UTC), bob prohaska's usenet account
wrote:

Jon Anderson wrote:

Suggest away! Since I'll belt drive the generator from the 50hz motor, I
can handle any rpm, but would like to stay with lower rpm stuff.

Ok, I'll bite.

How about an ordinary variable frequency drive? They take the line
AC, rectify it to DC and invert it to whatever frequency and voltage
you want. All solid state, and relatively efficient compared to a
rotary converter. In the low tens of horsepower they're common, I'm
not sure how big they come.

bob prohaska

Excellent idea!!

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton