Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generatorpart

Gunner Asch wrote:

Cant be converted to 3 phase? SImply use 2 of the 3 leads.

By that, I meant converting by changing out the motor.

All existing 3 phase stuff gets inverters unless rated 50hz
Stuff like the drill press, Roll-in saw, etc., get 3ph motors
w/inverter, or locally sourced 50hz motors.
The motor/generator setup is for all the rest of my stuff. Mostly brush
motor tools which would work with just a transformer, but some induction
motor stuff too, like the Baldor.

I have one customer more than willing to deal with me from down under.
Shipping is no biggie, I could put $5k worth of stuff into a medium flat
rate Priority box. But I need both CNC machines to do the work. If his
sales meet projections, work for him alone would easily pay my shipping
costs within 2 years. Just don't have the $$ to ship yet.

Working on my 3D loadout, and I can already see there's no friggin way I
get everything into one 20' container.
This would all be SO much easier if I just sold all the machinery here.
But making and fixing things is so much a part of my life I just cannot
envision not having them. Sigh...

Jon