Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default $300-$400+ for a $30 heater: Bob Vila whoring for EdenPure heaters

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

wrote:

IMO, the newspaper ad is extremely misleading. One favorite was I
think they said the unit is powerful enough to heat an entire room.
yet costs only pennies to operate when set on low. Kind of like
saying an electric oven is powerful enough to cook a turkey, but uses
no electricity when off. But I'm sure many people will misread that
and think it means that it will heat an entire room for pennies. I
would love to see some independent tests that evaluate this thing
against similar units that cost a fraction of the price.

Do you really need to see that? It seems pretty obvious to me.

I'd like to see Bob Vila raped in the ass by the ghost of Billy Mays,
but I don't think it's going to happen. Failing that, I'd like some sort
of explanation of what they mean when they say that "ordinary" electric
space heaters "burn the oxygen out of the air." (I think that's how they
phrase it)

Somebody should tell Vila his 15 minutes were up several years ago. If
crap like this is the only work he can get these days, it isn't
surprising. Shades of all those lady TV stars from the 80's hawking
questionable makeup on the shopping channels.

Does he even have any sort of TV show any more? I haven't seen fresh
episodes of his sad TOH clone in several years. Haven't looked in a
bookstore lately to see if his name is on any fresh DIY books.

--
aem sends...