Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Seam between wall tile and bathtub

"ivk" wrote in message
What kind of material should I put into the seam between wall tile and
bathtub ? My contractor used just wall tile grout, but it is getting
very wet, and darkens.

Grout should have not been placed between the tub and tile at all. Yes
best way would probably be to remove the grout, allow to completely
dry...could be as much as 3 days or more as the wall behind may have wicked
up the water.... then what you do is fill the tub with water, then with the
tub full you caulk around it, then leave the tub full till the silicone
cures and drain the tub... Jim