Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Flutes continued

On Nov 21, 5:05*pm, wrote:
On Nov 21, 4:53*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:

Ok, *I tried making a few stopped flutes which terminate with a taper
using a wedge as discussed in a previous thread. *(Suggested by
SonomaProducts)

Here is the result:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/shop_talk.php

Came out ok. *You can definitely see where the taper begins in the
flute (not a completely smooth transition). *This can probably be
fixed with a piece of sandpaper or just leaving it alone.

nice job. rather than sand, i'd practice a few more, and try to hit it
perfectly. sxomehow sanding makes it worse (when I do it)

shelly

I have practiced about a dozen times now and always get the same
result. I even tried waxing the lip of the wedge and it doesn't
help.
I appreciate your input.