Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generatorpart

Ecnerwal wrote:

Makes little difference (land or marine) if you are just grabbing the
generator end. I can make a few suggestions about using a marine unit on
land if you went that route, as I am doing that.

IMHO, 1800 or 1200 RPM (for 60 hz) units are the only reliable ones out
there - 3600 tend to have short lifetimes.

Suggest away! Since I'll belt drive the generator from the 50hz motor, I
can handle any rpm, but would like to stay with lower rpm stuff.

Thanks,

Jon