Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generator part

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:59:50 -0800, the infamous Jon Anderson
scrawled the following:

For my eventual move to Oz, I will be building my own motor/generator to
power those tools that cannot be converted to 3phase. Don't plan to run
many items at once, I'm thinking about maybe a 4kw generator.

What's a good reliable generator at the output end? Going to try to find
one with a bad engine, but want to make sure the other half will last a
while given the expense of having a replacement shipped over....
And yeah, I'm planning on taking spare parts for it.

Why don't you swing by Chiwan on the way over to Oz and pick up an
entire unit, Jon?

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774