Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default What's a good reliable generator, only worried about the generator part

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
For my eventual move to Oz, I will be building my own motor/generator to
power those tools that cannot be converted to 3phase. Don't plan to run
many items at once, I'm thinking about maybe a 4kw generator.

What's a good reliable generator at the output end? Going to try to find
one with a bad engine, but want to make sure the other half will last a
while given the expense of having a replacement shipped over....
And yeah, I'm planning on taking spare parts for it.

May not fit your needs, but conside a WinPower PTO generator. They are built
to last forever and a small tractor powers them. Bet they got tractors in
OZ. I've had mine thirty years and had to add oil once, and then replace the
tires cause they rotted out. Mine is 15KW but it takes my large tractor if I
need that much. I've run the house lights with an old 8N ford tractor.

Karl