Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent Inductor

In article ,
GB wrote:
We have some 10 year old Fitzgerald fluorescent lights. On one of these
the inductor has broken down. I don't want to replace the whole fitting
as they all match at the moment. Unfortunately Fitzgerald Lighting went
toes up last December. Any idea where I can source a new inductor,
please? For a 4 ft fitting - 36/40 w. BTW, I assume it's an inductor -
the big ballast thingy inside the fitting.

If it is a clunky old type you might consider swapping it for an
electronic one. No flicker and higher efficiency. Tubes last longer too.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.