Posted to comp.home.automation,alt.home.repair
Josepi[_2_] Josepi[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

When they talk about saving Watts then we know they are informed...LOL

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Robert L Bass wrote:
"Josepi" wrote:

Think you could trim your post to post a snipe, in future?

Here's a brief comment on CFL's from the US Energy
Star program:

"CFLs save consumers money in the long run, as these bulbs draw far less
power (resulting in lower electric bills), and they last longer (so they
don't need to be replaced nearly as often). But they also work to save
the environment by lessening greenhouse gases. If every American home
replaced just one standard incandescent light bulb with a long-lasting
CFL, the resultant energy savings would eliminate greenhouse gases equal
to the emissions of 800,000 cars..."

Not saying that CFL's aren't a good thing. But press releases full of SWAG
numbers like that irritate me. Way too many uncontrolled variables for
them to come up with a hard number. How many hours a day is this 'one bulb
per house' supposed to be on and what wattage? What type of cars are those
80,000 cars, and how many hours a day are they lit up, and at what speeds?
And so on and so on...

--
aem sends....