Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Power supplies with solid polymer caps

On Nov 20, 7:13*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
It's true that electrolytics are among the least reliable of

components --
but they're not /that/ unreliable.

Yeah, they are. I've personally changed a couple thousand - 10x

more
than all other components combined - even mechanical wear out

parts.

Yes, but you're a service technician. I'm talking as an owner.

I also replaced a raft of them in some of my personal gear. The WORST
'lytic caps are the surface mount units which fail early and often.
Panasonic FK series are certainly better than OEM parts.