Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Chuck wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Chuck wrote:
I will stay with old fashion bulbs as long as I can. My wife can't be
exposed to florescence bulbs. People with immune problems (arthritis
or lupus or fibromyalgia) react badly to the CFL type bulbs. They
emit ultra violet light like the sun does.

Does your wife have some form of Cutaneous porphyria?

TDD

The reference I have found relates to Lupus. I was somewhat incorrect
saying it also affected RA and Fibro. Her Dr. had said that folks with
auto immune problems should avoid UV. Since she has Lupus and Fibro,
(auto-immune diseases) I assumed it caused problems for both. Since RA
is also an auto-immune disease, I again assumed that uv might be a problem.
The Dr. was addressing just the Lupus. Here is the reference I found
for Lupus: www.itzarion.com/lupus-uv.html

She can only be in Walmart or HD for a few minutes. Then she has a very
bad reaction. Any time outside she must be wearing a sun hat (blocks UV's).
Sorry if I rattled anybodies cage. Chuck

One of my roommates has a form of Porphyria and instead of a tan
he gets lesions on his exposed skin and it makes him very sick.

TDD