Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Using a Senco SC2 corrugated fastener gun

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:09:43 -0800 (PST), Jay Pique
wrote:

I picked one up on eBay for cheap and am curious about best use
practices. If I'm joining 3/4" stock should I be using the shortest
fasteners - the 1/4" ones, or can I use as big a one as won't shoot
through the other side? I've got the gun, but no fasteners yet

We use 3/8" but don't really use them much.
You are right, you'll have the box of fasteners forever. Senco
doesn't recommend using them for hardwood but if you stand on the gun
you can drive them into about anything.
We use them for simple frames like the attic access or mirror frames
that get applied directly to the wall.
One thing to watch for is make sure you have the fasteners in
right-side-up....they make a hell of a mess if they happen to get in
backwards.;-)

Mike O.