Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Using a Senco SC2 corrugated fastener gun

On Nov 20, 5:31*pm, Jay Pique wrote:
On Nov 19, 11:08*pm, Robatoy wrote:

On Nov 19, 8:09*pm, Jay Pique wrote:

I picked one up on eBay for cheap and am curious about best use
practices. *If I'm joining 3/4" stock should I be using the shortest
fasteners - the 1/4" ones, or can I use as big a one as won't shoot
through the other side? *I've got the gun, but no fasteners yet. *I'm
gong to try it out on a bunch of simple frames and I'm wondering which
ones to get - they're pretty pricey so I want to get the right size.
Thanks much.

JP

I use 3/8" for 11/16 PB butt joints. They will never make a clean
entry.
You'll be safe to use the 3/8 in 3/4 anything. I sometimes butt-join
1/2" MDF. Then I have to take a sandling block to smooth out the edge
of the entry craters.
Always shoot towards a very solid non-bouncy base. Those guns like to
bounce and shoot more than one pogo-staccato-like.

Thanks much. *I'm probably going to pick the one in the middle and go
with 3/8" to start. *I ought to bite the bullet and get a box of each
size and not worry about it the rest of my life, but times is tough!

JP

Make sure they are the tapered ones.