Posted to comp.home.automation,alt.home.repair
Josepi[_2_] Josepi[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

LEDs are still reported to only be slightly more efficient than incandescent
bulbs. On top of all that the more efficient ***white*** LED bulbs are made
with phospours, similiar to CFL bulbs. I beleive the mercury is not there as
the electrical energy is converted, the first time, by LED technology.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
With the energy required to manufacture LED bulbs. And the
cost of the bulbs. I doubt there is any real savings. Either
to your wallet, or to the planet, by converting to LED light
indoors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message

I have arthritis, and my rheumatologist has never suggested
that I avoid
fluorescent lighting.

Nevertheless, I am trying to replace CFLs by LEDs -- but for
the energy
savings, not for anything related to health.

Perce