Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:31:44 -0500, wrote:

I am in PA so we don't yet need a permit to buy ammo as is
required in the PR of NY and PR of NJ. Why do you folks keep on
hiring politicians who think that way?

Because the thought of someone opening fire in a subway because he
got brushed the wrong way is far too scary. We actually have cops
that do a good job of keeping us safe.

So you are satisfied with a cop keeping you safe?

They seem to do a fine job. Safety for me means being able to get to
good medical care and I doubt the insurance and pharma industries will
let that happen. I am much more likely to die from a medical cause or
an auto accident than I am from some guy shooting me.

Agreed. But a small cost to avoid a catastrophic result is generally a good
deal.

You're not likely to a) Get the pig flu or, even if you DID get it, b) die
from it. But the POSSIBILITY of contracting and succumbing suggests that a
vaccination is prudent.