Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Laser printer gloat

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:56:06 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:
This inspired by the mini-thread in the thread up yonder about HP
DeskJet printers. Actually something of a reverse gloat, along the lines
of "my old printer still works; does yours?".

Got my HP LaserJet 2100M (600 DPI w/PostScript capability) ca. 2000. Not
only is the printer still working perfectly, but I'm still using the
same cartridge I got with it!

Our home office printer is an HP LJ III which we purchased new on
July 27, 1990. I have the exact date at hand because we came across the
canceled check several years ago and taped it to the cover of the
printer. $1,872.50 - IN 1990 US$$$!!

All-in-all, I've been able to keep it supplied with toner cartridges by
buying them in unopened boxes at 2nd-hand stores-- which were no doubt
dropped off by folks that just had to 'upgrade' to the troublesome
inkjet printers.

Admittedly, it does not get heavy use. The only repair I've had to
do to it is replace the fuser assy -- about 2 years ago.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux