Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Bombs in our elementary school

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:44:48 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:19:18 -0800, the infamous "Roger Shoaf"
"Winston" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
When I was in middle school. Our science teacher took a galon metal
can with screw cap. Put in an inch or so of water, and boiled it on a
hotplate. Screw the cap on. As the can cooled, it shriveled down, due
to air pressure.

In the current paranoid, delusional climate, it would be called an
'implosive device'.

And don't forget the "environmental nightmare" of having the exposed
solder joint if the seam on the can split open. That contains lead. and
we wouldn't want the children to be exposed to that now would we.

We'd best remove compasses, pens, and pencils, pointed weapons. And we'd
best remove rulers, a sharpenable edge weapon. Remove the rest of the old
slate chalkboards, as they can be broken into pointed weapons.
Let's also take belts and shoelaces, hanging devices.

Hmm, now school looks like prison. Hmm...

From the POV of the inmates^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hchildren, school has been the
moral equivalent of prison since there have been "public" schools.

Not to mention slave labor.

Why homework? If a teacher can't teach a day's lessons in a day, then you
need to find competent teachers!

Cheers!
Rich