Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default ZIF ribbon cable closure arrangements

N_Cook wrote in message
If no one knows of a page out there showing pictures of the various types

will take pics of these new ones to me. You have to flip up a section that
is pivotted, not at all obvious on first encountering. 0.3mm spacing of
conductors . Otherwise distinctive features are staggered lands at the
closure and a part view of a line of 0.6mm space pins along the top of the
socket making it looks as though they are a conventional slide in

direction
of ribbon cable closure, but not fully closed or opened out a bit, but the
apparent closure does not slide in any direction.

2 types of 0.3mm spacing of ribbon conductor ZIF sockets on a digital
camers, brown for the LCD and black for the CCD

http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/ZIF33.jpg
Each shown with direction of ribbon entry from the top( when in place)
White with brown one top and 4th images.
33 way conductors , on the main white section marked MX/ at one end and E2
on the other. Purple B marks where there should be the same tiny brown pivot
piece as the other end but I managed to break it off.

2nd and 5th images white with black, 35 way as 33 plus 2 outer conductors,
"A" on one end and 33 on the other end of the black section, maybe "C" on
the white section. Purple B marks where there should be a hook piece like
the other end but I thought it needed pulling outwards to release and not
made to do so, so broke off. This one is for ribbons with stripline
grounding plane so thicker construction.

Both just need very light pressure from a small needle to rotate upwards 1/4
turn, as shown in the bottom two images. Only an ounce or so of force is
needed to flip up either type, do not use a finger nail.

Middle image shows the distinctive ribbon land pattern on both types, but
only observable when released

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England