Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sealing leaking metal pipe threads to PVC joint?

My old boss used to call it, that. Sounds like old Indian
name. White man bring rectumseal.

Teflon plus recorseal is what we used to use on galvanized
water lines, too. He used to really like the blue stuff. I
called it "blue blocker" in a take off of the old TV
commercials. When I used to watch the one eyed brain sucker.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had good results with Rectorseal #5. Of course,
Permatex #2 non hardening would work, instead. Dissemble,
and put on fresh teflon. Put the sealant on top of the
teflon, and then thread the fitting on. Do not put sealant
into the fitting. Just on the exposed threads.

Hey, I use that Rectumseal #5 too. 8-)

TDD