Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Computer problem: motherboard or power supply

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote:

A $2 digital voltage meter should be more than good enough to tell
whether the PSU or the motherboard is bad

I just used a program called Motherboard Monitor. It says that my
3.3 volt supply is around 2.67 volts.

I am wondering if Motherboard Monitor could be correct. Could a
computer run at all if the 3.3 volt supply is that low?

Am I correct in thinking that the 3.3 volt supply comes from the
power supply and not from the motherboard?
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.