Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default $300-$400+ for a $30 heater: Bob Vila whoring for EdenPure heaters

wrote:

IMO, the newspaper ad is extremely misleading. One favorite was I
think they said the unit is powerful enough to heat an entire room.
yet costs only pennies to operate when set on low. Kind of like
saying an electric oven is powerful enough to cook a turkey, but uses
no electricity when off. But I'm sure many people will misread that
and think it means that it will heat an entire room for pennies. I
would love to see some independent tests that evaluate this thing
against similar units that cost a fraction of the price.

Do you really need to see that? It seems pretty obvious to me.