Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default running a straight line through trees

In article . com,
Jules wrote:

We've got a bunch of woodland that's partly on our property and partly on
a neighboring (vacant) plot. Runs for about 300' or so, and there's a
boundary marker either side of the woods.

Did wonder about running two lines, meeting at one of the markers. All I
need to do is get them straight through the trees (which might be a
challenge in itself) - then I can presumably measure distance from each
to the other marker at the far end, translate that to a scrap of paper,
and calculate where the "true line" is between the two markers for any
given distance along one of my guide lines. Does that make sense? Maybe
there's a simpler way, though...

You did not say why. If you are just looking for a general idea of
how big the lot is, then running down the trees is okay. If you want to
actually do something like build a fence, etc., then you probably should
get it surveyed.

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.