Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default waterproofing a barn built into the hillside

On 19 Nov, 20:32, Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost wrote:
[Default] On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:35:35 -0800 (PST), a certain
chimpanzee, JimK , randomly hit the keyboard

and wrote:
how far can BCOs "insist" -after all it's existant i.e. it *is*
already potentially holding the road up and we are talking of creating
a drier area inside of it without necessarily touching it..??

BCOs can't insist at all (unless it's a conversion to a public
building). For a change of use to a dwelling, Part A (Structure) only
applies to the actual work you carry out, and making sure that what
you do doesn't make the building less compliant than before you
started.

To the OP; either a tanking membrane (such as a Newton membrane), or a
cementicious waterproof render (such as Vandex) will be required for
any formal conversion.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?

thanks for clarifying Hugo - much appreciated.
JimK