Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default National Ammo Day

"George" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Even though I'm exempt from an NICS check, I make it a practice to
NEVER buy a gun from a dealer.

So, what do you do if you want a brand new gun?
NIB or new to me? For new-to-me, I generally buy guns from individuals
at
gun shows (the so-called "gun show loophole"). Of these, there are two
kinds: The guy who rented a table (~$100) to facilitate his private
buying
and selling, and the guy walking around with a gun in his hand (code for
"stop me and ask how much I'll take").

I've picked up a couple of guns at estate sales, but they're generally
over-priced.

Hint: If you represent a corporation, the corporation can buy a gun
without
a background check. This is most useful for buying fully-automatic
weapons.
When asked on the ATF form for the purpose of obtaining a
fully-automatic
weapon, the appropriate answer is "investment."

Other than the amusement of blowing $100 in ammo in a few seconds on the
range, why exactly would anyone want a full auto gun? In my not so
humble opinion, full auto is only good for wasting valuable ammo.

Totally agree. It is amusing to shoot one once. Buying one is the mine is
bigger than yours thing bragging rights thing for people who don't have a
life. Same reason why people need giant McMansions and giant fluffed up
trucks used as a one passenger vehicle.

You mean people don't use those Cadillac pickups to haul manure? :-)