Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default So, what is this stuff called?

"CraigT" wrote in message

The whole reason I asked this question is that I want to ask the building
dept. if I can drywall over this stuff, because after I pulled off 2
layers of paneling I found the fiberboard and then it seems they have
already blown in insulation. I don't see a reason to have to remove this
stuff and potentially disturb what appears to be blown in cellulose.
It'll be cheaper and more lung friendly just to throw up a vapor barrier
and drywall. When I talk to someone at the building dept. I didn't want
to sound like I didn't know what the stuff is called. At least someone
should be fooled into thinking I know what I'm talking about

Then just call it by its generic name fiberboard of which there were several
different brands made, sold and installed.

Colbyt