Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing fairy lights

Mike Barnes wrote:
pcb1962 :
On 19 Nov, 10:46, Mike Barnes wrote:
The project is fixing fairy lights to a traditional stone
outbuilding. The idea is to light all the edges of the walls and
roof, producing a lit outline. About 60 metres of lighting all
told. This will be a semi- permanent installation.

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/String-L...sc1377/p8.aspx

I've never done anything like this before. My first idea is to use
zinc- plated steel eyes, screwed into yellow plugs. Then fix the
cable to the eyes using plastic cable ties. To make the eyes
inconspicuous I'd probably screw them into the mortar rather than
the stone, every 50cm or so.

Anything wrong with this plan, or suggested improvements?

These might be easier/neater than the steel eyes:
https://www.screwfix. com/prods/89036

Excellent! I shall place my order forthwith.

I use those a lot for all sorts of jobs, dead easy to use, 6mm hole, tap in
with hammer. Surprisingly strong fix.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk