Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Batteryless current clamps, from sed

The transformer is rated to put out 12V @ 35A with a 120V input, so it
has a turns ratio of 10:1.

The ammeter on the left is measuring the current in the primary, which
is 1/10th of the current in the secondary, and the meter on the right is
measuring the current and voltage out of a solenoid-wound and
toroid-wound coil, the point being to prove that a solenoid wrapped
around a power line conductor will not transfer any power to a load.

While there _is_ a miniscule voltage and current coming out of the
solenoid, the reason is that the conductor isn't centered, axially, in
the coil.

By manipulating the conductor I could get the output of the solenoid
very close to zero, but for the purpose at hand I just let the output be
what it was with the small angle the conductor subtended from ideal.

JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf solenoid E.pdf (414.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf solenoid I.pdf (417.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf toroid E.pdf (412.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf toroid I.pdf (419.6 KB, 48 views)