Posted to uk.d-i-y
pcb1962 pcb1962 is offline

Default Fixing fairy lights

On 19 Nov, 10:46, Mike Barnes wrote:
The project is fixing fairy lights to a traditional stone outbuilding.
The idea is to light all the edges of the walls and roof, producing a
lit outline. About 60 metres of lighting all told. This will be a semi-
permanent installation.

* *http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/String-L...sc1377/p8.aspx

I've never done anything like this before. My first idea is to use zinc-
plated steel eyes, screwed into yellow plugs. Then fix the cable to the
eyes using plastic cable ties. To make the eyes inconspicuous I'd
probably screw them into the mortar rather than the stone, every 50cm or
so.

Anything wrong with this plan, or suggested improvements?

These might be easier/neater than the steel eyes: https://www.screwfix.com/prods/89036