Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default 9 volt transistor battery uses?

On 2009-11-18, Bruce L Bergman wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:09:25 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

What's a way to use up old 9 volt transistor batteries? I've
got a couple dozen that still have some charge. I figure
with a couple battery clips, I could put two in series. Dump
the charge into 12 volt lead acid batteries to keep my
devices going some day when the power is out.

One of the charge bases for my FRS walkies takes 9 volts in.
Maybe rig something up, and parallel a couple transistor
batteries to keep FRS walkie charged.

If you want to run things, you make an external pack to run the
device drect. Probably several 9V batteries in parallel to get the
needed current.

Or several in series to get more voltage, and then parallel the
series groups to get more current at that higher voltage. Note that to
connect them in series, you don't *need* and clip leads or other
connectors -- you just snap the button of one into the cage of the
other, and keep doing that until you have enough in series. That is one
of the nice things about those battery connectors, though I would use
new batteries for anything which matters, as the output voltage of the
old cells will be a function of how discharged they are when you start.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564