Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30503 Ignoramus30503 is offline

Default Palin On Darwin

On 2009-11-18, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus28865" wrote in message
I have seen zero evidence that God exists.

Because of this fact, naturally, I cannot believe that God exists,
since I have seen no evidence of God.

Religious prozelytizers turn this simple logical conclusion on its
head and say "but your lack of belief on God is a belief, so we are
just as good as you". This could not be any less true: I require
evidence to believe something (reality based approach), and they
believe in something without any evidence (fantasy based approach).

Realizing weakness of a fantasy based approach, religion creates FUD
(fear, uncertainty and doubt), trying to scare us by suggesting that
if God might exist, there might be hell, so might end up in hell upon
death if we do not believe in God just in case.

That FUD is certainly unsettling to weak minds, as no one wants to
burn in hell. But it does not change the reality of the fact that
God's existence remains a pure fantasy that is not corroborated.

Relizing weakness of the FUD based approach, religion further states
that regardless of whether God exists, feeble minded people act better
if they are within a religious social network. That may possibly be
true, and it may also be untrue, but it is not really a basis for
establishing a fact of God's existence.

I used to consider myself an agnostic, in the sense that I considered
a possibility that God might exist. Eventually, I realized that there
is nothing whatsoever that should make me entertain such a
possibility, besides the above mentioned FUD.

On the other hand, I HAVE seen absolute miracles that could never, ever
be
explained with any science. I certainly won't argue about God's
existence,
but I wonder what you would think if you witness something similar.

I would consider them seriously.

Yep, I'm sure you would. You never know when a life-changing event occur,
but you'll know when it happens.

I will definitely keep an open mind about it.