Posted to alt.home.repair
trg-s338 trg-s338 is offline

Default Noisy door knob

On Nov 14, 8:08*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Nov 14, 12:13*pm, Kuskokwim wrote:

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:28:28 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hmmm,
Reading the OP, I went around house trying knobs, no noise. Schlage.

No noise here, either.

Kwikset and some made in Australia (of all places) with white porcelain
handles.

The doorknobs don't make noise, the mechanism that is operated by the
dooorknob is what makes the noise. Have you tried spraying WD-40 into
the lockset and the striker plate?

The moment I grab the handle, the slop makes a racket even before I
turn the knob. Thanks all for the good tip: commercial grade door
knobs. I'll look into that, sounds like the solution. Although
probably futile, I'll squirt WD-40 into it first. Thanks again.