Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Generic "megger"

Peter Andrews presented the following explanation :
I think Harry B was asking me if it is for professional use!

The answer is no - just an additional DIY comfort factor and occasional fault
finder (I had to borrow one recently).

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice - I shall ponder upon my
requirements a little longer.

Then it doesn't need to be 17th Edition, or calibrated, so any old
Meggar will do - and much cheaper. I picked up a modern switched
250/500/1000 volt one, with low Ohms range for £15 (intended for my
test bench) earlier in the year.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)