Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Electric shocks from new washing machine

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message

SNIP

Good advice, i have seen this so many times with old and damaged
wiring. The best was someone who had a firework display using a
washing machine and also had incredible electric shocks reaching in
to a chest freezer. It is the socket and/or wiring in the house that
is faulty. It seems stupid to
ask about changing a product but leaving faulty wiring and/or
sockets! Buy a socket tester, then get it sorted before you see the
person killed. I saw one person who had a wiring fault after he
touched both taps to put water in a sink, he was dead as the current
flowed up one arm
and down the other. Others I have seen with some nasty burns, one
person even jumped backwards and hit a worktop with a knife on it! Cuts
and burns are easier to treat - bringing someone back to life
is a touch more difficult.

Paramedics see far less deaths and injury due to electrical faults
than you have!

Just asked my paramedic daughter about that. In 4 years of frontline duty
she has attended just 2 cases of electric shock. One was a bloke who was
woken by a mains smoke alarm. To silence it, he stood on some metal
kitchen steps (barefoot) and used a pair of metal kitchen scissors to cut
the cable. He also managed to stab himself in the leg - twice - whilst
falling off the steps :-)

Thats a brain fault, not an electrical fault. The other one was faulty
wiring.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

It might be a brainfault but it is bloody priceless:-)

Adam