Posted to uk.d-i-y
matthelliwell matthelliwell is offline

Default Replace Battery or new driver?

On 18 Nov, 09:06, Chris J Dixon wrote:
My 10 year old Bosch PSR 7,2 has only had light use, and is still
in good condition, but the battery is pretty shot. I can get an
unbranded replacement, with twice the capacity, from ebay for
GBP25.49.

Currently on offer at B&Q is

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10668...

A Bosch PSR 14.4 V driver, complete with two batteries, for only
GBP49.98

Much as I dislike throwing away working kit, I can't really
justify buying a replacement battery, could you?

I binned my old one in the same situation and got a new one from
Wickes. They've got a range of bodies, batteries and chargers so you
can mix and match. I ended up getting a couple of lower capacity
batteries (1.1 AH istr) as they are lighter, cheaper to replace when
they do die and seem to have enough capacity to keep me working on
whatever DIY stuff I'm up to.

Matt