Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Generic "megger"

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:58:18 -0800, Owain wrote:

On 17 Nov, 23:31, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Peter Andrews pretended :
I've decided that I should add a resistance tester (generically known
as a Megger) to my toolbox and have been surprised at how few there
seem to be available - given that every electrician should(?) have
one for testing. TLC have one for about £80 - can anybody recommend
this or another one for occasional use (2 - 3 times a year)!

Is this for professional use?

It is, but it only needs to develop a few hundred V at a few mA across a
high resistance. That's why there's such a differnce in price between it
and those which also do continuity.

Not quite sure what you mean here. The one I got from TLC does both low
ohms and also insulation tests....

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org