Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat balancing at church

If open windows in the heat season isn't a sin, it oughta
be.

When I was a teen, my sister and her boyfriend lived in a
house where the thermostat was in a different apartment. The
guy would turn the heat down before he left for work. And my
sister and her BF would freeze butt. I wasn't able to do
much for them. Now, I'd know how to run a separate wire,
and put a fixed point stat in the hall.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message
news

they push the thermostat to occupied. And much of the time
it's too hot, and so they open the windows.

When the heat is on? Isn't that a sin?

When I was in a college fraternity, the house manager,
another
student, disconnected the thermostat in the dining room but
didnt'
tell anyone. Because it was radiator heat and not forced
air, I don't
think it was obvious to those setting the thermostat up that
nothing
new was happening.

He put another thermostat in the corner of the basement I
think .