Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Generic "megger"

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:07:52 +0000, Peter Andrews wrote:

I've decided that I should add a resistance tester (generically known as
a Megger) to my toolbox and have been surprised at how few there seem to
be available - given that every electrician should(?) have one for
testing.

TLC have one for about £80 - can anybody recommend this or another one
for occasional use (2 - 3 times a year)!

I bought one of these a while ago, and I used it to test all the wiring I
did just prior to Part P. All the insulation and low ohms capability I
needed.

I used a Robin tester for the rest.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: