Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Rotting Window Frames

On Nov 17, 7:13*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"hr(bob) " wrote:

-snip-

Bondo as used in auto body repair works quite well and is commonly
available. *

Before you do that- take some yellow pine, weigh it, take a chunk of
bondo and weigh it. *Put both in water for a while & see how much more
water the bondo holds than the wood.

Auto-body bondo is not for wood. *Bondo *does* make *a wood repair
product though. *I've never used it- but note that the directions say
"For Rotted Wood Problems, Use After Applying Rotted Wood Stabilizer."

Jim

Bondo doesnt absorbe water its plastic, their 'wood' line is just
bondo, I used it this summer and compared it to regular bondo which is
alot cheaper.