Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Rotting Window Frames

"Peter H" wrote in message

I'm wondering if there isn't some way to save the windows, or at least
delay the work. The windows are thermapane (sp?) and the seals are all
still good.

Could we not have the frames injected with a resin or something and
then seal them. It seems such a waste to trash the whole set of
windows because of this problem... not to mention the expense.

Yes, I saw something done on This Old House when they were doing some
restoration. It was an epoxy material that dried hard and could be shaped
and sanded to match.

It is also important to find out the cause of the rot and eliminate the
problem. Windows should last much longer with proper care and a coat of
paint.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/askt...058419,00.html

Probably other materials available too.