Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Chimney caps

"benick" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

Over time, rain coming in damages the chimney just like eventually you
get small mortar repair needs on the outside. It can't be reached on the
inside though very easily so is $expensive$ to fix. For 35$, you won't
have that problem.

How about a double flue chimney ?? Is there a single cap for both or does
each has it's own cap ???? I have a double flue and have never had a
cap...Never thought much about it till I read this thread.....

That if i understand the design right, would need one even more because you
have a better path for small leaks to hit freeze/thaw between them.

You should be able to get 1 cap that fits over both. It's essentially a
small rain roof with a critter guard ;-)